(QNO) - The Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture is well-known for its extensive collection dating from the seventh to the fifteenth century.
It was buit in 1915 by the Ha Noi-based Ecole Francaise d'Extreme Orient (Far East Institute). Designed by the French architects, M. Deleval and M. Auclair, it was originally named the Henri Parmentier Museum.
Although profoundly influenced by the architecture and sculpture of the Indian civilization, the Champa had their own vision of life and religion. This brought to their sculpture a subtle and distinct beauty.
|The landscape of Champa Museum.|
|Demigod Guarding the Gateways.|
|The birth of Brahma.|
|Holy bird Garuda.|