(QNO) - The three-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda is one of the typical architectural structures in the chain of Cam Ha - Hai Binh temples of the Minh Huong community in Hoi An city (Quang Nam province). It becomes one of the destinations in Hoi An ancient town after having been renovated.
|The tree-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda before renovation|
The three-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda used to be considered as an antique vestige by the French Institute for Eastern Archeology in 1930. At that time, it was one of the most typical architectural works of Hoi An (Quang Nam province) besides Japanese Bridge and Trieu Chau club-house. The gate was first renovated in 1922.
According to the stele of renovation dating back to 1922, the three-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda was very famous and attractive to visitors all over the world for its architectural beauty.
In 2007 when it was downgraded, the renovation of the relic was planned, approved and carried out. After a lot of local authorities’ and people’s efforts, the renovation has been completed. It costs VND 6.46 billion.
|The three-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda after renovation|
Though it is renovated, all the values of architecture including its design, roofs, walls, materials and decorative patterns are conserved. In addition, the space surrounding the gate has been invested, helping visitors observe the relic from different views. So, the three-door gate of Ba Mu pagoda is listed as one of the destinations in Hoi An.